2014 Season Opening Day – Saturday, May 24th
Opening day is finally here! On May 24th, we start our regular Saturday market hours from 9:00am to 1:00pm in the parking lot at the base of Spring Street. From this week on, we’ll have a market each Saturday at least until October 11th. While it takes a few weeks to reach our full complement of produce vendors, our first market will have plenty of offerings and a tasty sampling of spring treats!
At our May 24th market, you’ll find:
• BabyCakes – delectable small cakes, scones, whoopie pies, tarts, crumb cake, challah, focaccia, ciabatta, flatbreads and hearty loaves
• Berkshire Mountain Pottery – functional handmade stoneware – especially bowls and mugs of all sizes
• Brier Road Guitars – Nick will return with his exquisite, hand-crafted acoustic guitars, mandolins and ukuleles. He’ll gladly show passersby of all ages the steps involved in transforming a block of lumber into a fine instrument. You can also strum a few tunes!
• Crow Hill Farm – Merry’s ever popular note cards, art kits for kids, tiny gnome dolls and fairies, carved birds, and knitted fingerless gloves
• Dancing Bare Soap – Maud is back with her handcrafted organic vegan soaps, containing select local and seasonal herbs and florals. [Note, Maud is only here four times during the season.]
• Emma’s Farm – From Adams, MA, Emma Morin brings potted plants, preserves, hand-crafted towels, dish cloths and reader wraps.
• East Mountain Farm – Kim Wells is returning with grass-fed beef, pork & free-range poultry – sausages, ground beef, deli ham, bacon, and more. Kim’s smoked pork chops are out of this world!
• Hoosick Hickory – Hickory syrup and other hickory products – elixir, salts, smoking chips and tea bags, made in nearby Hoosick Falls, NY. Look for expanded prepared food offerings this season!
• Memphremagog Studios – Original fine jewelry, etched glass stemware, and gift designs
• Nora Phykitt – Using natural fibers, Nora brings hand knitted/crocheted clothing and accessories, including hats, scarves, sweaters, dresses, mitts, and felted bags
• Peace Valley Farm – Bill and Susie will be delivering fresh produce to the market earlier in the season than ever before! Fresh-picked hakurei spring turnips, mizuma, mustard greens, two varieties of spinach, and arugula. Look for the white coolers next to Berkshire Mountain Pottery.
• Peterman’s Bowls and Boards – handcrafted wooden bowls, cutting boards, trays, salad tossers, wine bottle stoppers, and napkin rings
• The Quimbys – bedding plants and veggie starters, eggs & maple syrup
• Serendipity and Chris’s Kitchen – batik quilts, table runners, coasters and bowls, plus delectable assorted jams
• Sweet Brook Farm – everything maple, including syrup, nuts, and candy plus alpaca yarn – and special this week, asparagus!
• Wright’s Organic Produce – Nick is arriving early this year to offer potted plants – including Chinese orange trees and Thai sour limes, seed potatoes, and dried pear and apple crunchies