At the Market, Saturday June 29th 9AM – 1PM
What better way to enjoy the summer heat than with a little escape to the market for some garlic scapes! These versatile (and fleeting) veggies can be found this Saturday, as well as an abundance of other produce to create yummy summer dishes. Perhaps saute some scapes and fresh chard with olive oil and a dash of salt. So good! Also swing by and grab a loaf of wood-fired bread (and amazing hoomoos or pesto) to enjoy with a creamy camembert or chevre. Read below to see what’s in store for this week’s market!
This week’s live music will start with market favorites The Beaux playing Celtic, Quebecois, and Appalachian tunes, followed by The String Sisters, a trio playing classical music and classics!
- Earth Sky Time – Earth Sky Time will be bringing an incredible assortment of wood-fired breads along with their famous pesto, hoomoos, and VT Goldburgers. Come check out one of our newer additions to the market this year!
- East Mountain Farm – EMF will still be having a half price sale on all styles of their Pork spare ribs, both St. Louis Cut or Whole Rib Style. Kim will also have fresh chicken that’s yet to be frozen… a real treat! Whole birds or parts. (Note: East Mountain Farm accepts SNAP payments). Try a sample of Kim’s meats at his booth and in the dishes prepared-to-order by Robin’s.
- Green River Farms – This week, Green River Farms will be bringing power greens, kale, mustard greens, fennel, bok choy, and daikon radishes
- Hay Berry Farm – Hay Berry have summer raw honey, lavender buds, mint bunches & dried flower arrangements. Also some strawberries – perfect for summer!
- M and A Farm – Autumn will be bringing salad mix, kale, lettuce, collards, braising mix, turnips, and cucumbers, also fresh eggs!
- Mighty Food Farm – Lisa brings lots of baby lettuce mix, Haukeri turnips, escarole, garlic scapes, cucumbers, summer squash, zucchini, spinach, radishes, potted sunflowers, kale, chard, lettuces and mouth-watering strawberries! (If your heart is set on strawberries, we suggest arriving on the early side)
- Peace Valley Farm – Bill and Susie are bringing a variety of lettuce and Swiss chard, plus zucchini, summer squash, and broccoli this week!
- Sweet Brook Farm – Sarah brings local maple syrup in bottles ranging from tiny to enormous (and in varieties perfect for tasting, cooking…and over pancakes!) and delectable maple cream. Don’t miss the samples!!
- Bigfoot Farm – Brian will be selling his famous Bigfoot salad mix, spinach, radishes (so tasty!), arugula, bok choy, tatsoi, hakurei turnips, parsley, cilantro, and garlic scapes
- Blair Farm – The Quimbys will be bringing their local large brown eggs as well as an assortment of bedding and hanging plants (including wonderful tomatoes and beautiful flowers)!
LOCALLY PREPARED FOODS
- R&G Cheese Makers– Sean offers a full line of hand crafted artisan cheese, including chevres (garlic/herb, honey, and maple/chipotle, among others), ripened goat camemberts – including blackbert and trufflebert, and selected mozzarellas and hard cheeses made from both cow and goat’s milk
- Robin’s – chef and baker Robin Lenz serves town-favorite melty-but-crisp, made-to-order breakfast and lunch sandwiches. Breakfasts include local eggs on grilled English muffins with cheeses, sausage, and bacon from our market vendors. Look for assorted home-cooked sweet treats!
- The Store at 5 Corners– The Store at 5 Corners of South Williamstown is joining the market this year to sell wonderful grilled-to-order breakfasts and lunches, plus assorted pastries and cookies, including croissants and donuts, plus cold drinks! On Saturday, they’ll be serving brioche French toast with Sweet Brook Farm maple syrup for breakfast, and beef or veggie burgers for lunch…served with all the fixings. Perfect to enjoy while relaxing at our picnic tables!
- Tunnel City Coffee – A wide variety of coffee beans made in North Adams and samples of their pour over coffee!
- Two Bear Bakery -Caleb is inspired by the local bounty, which will come across in his delicious pastries and baked goods! This week – peach and mint hand pies, strawberry and cream scones, and double chocolate cookies
- Chris’s Kitchen and Serendipity Quilt Designs – This week Chris will be bringing NEW jams: blueberry and blueberry rhubarb. Also available will be her wonderful baked goods of pineapple upside down cake, assorted muffins, brownies, lemon bars, pecan pie bars, seven layer bars, whoopie pies, chocolate chip cookies, mini blueberry pies. Gluten free options of peanut butter cookies and almond shortbread cookies! Also, beautiful examples of her other impressive skill: quilt-making, including batik table runners and quilts
- Little Pops Sticks – Amazing locally made frozen pops in non-dairy and dairy assortments! Last week’s flavors included strawberry-rhubarb, toasted coconut, and fudge. Cool off from the heat with some cold treats – yum!
- Memphremagog Studios– From nearby southern Vermont, Emily brings unique silver earrings, bracelets, and necklaces, etched stemware glasses, and silk scarves
- Peterman’s Boards & Bowls – locally sourced wooden bowls, trays, napkin rings, salad tossers, bottle stoppers, cutting boards (including gorgeous “seconds”), featured in design magazines nationally!
- Yarnwork – Nora Phykitt continues creating lovely and comfortable knitted, crocheted and felted clothing and accessories…her cottons are especially soft!
- Alison Kolesar – Alison is back to the market this weekend! A drawer and illustrator of all trades, Alison has filled more than 100 books and creates everything from vibrant water colors to elegantly painted rock art
- Berkshire Mountain Pottery – Anne will be there with her mugs, bowls, plates, and other products which are both beautiful and functional. They’ll look great on your countertop, but are sturdy enough to use!
- Heritage Artisans, Beatrice Gawron & Isabel Krebs ∼ The artisans are skilled in weaving, spinning, knitting, and fine basketry – what can they not do? They use local and natural materials, including their own wool and alpaca fibers. They’ll have a new demonstration each week at the market