At the Market Saturday June 22nd 9AM – 1PM
See some berries, veggies, and grilled cheese from last week’s market – and you can look forward to more on Saturday! Summer officially starts June 21st, so what better way to celebrate than to visit your local farmers market! Grab some fresh strawberries at Hay Berry and Mighty Food Farms, visit Robin’s for a made to order breakfast or lunch sandwich, and stop by Bigfoot Farm for some young kale. Read below to see what is in store for this week’s market!
This week’s live music will start with Tim Martin’s duo playing 9-11, with guitar, stand-up bass and vocals. From 11-1, Mowgli Gianitti will make his season debut playing similar instruments with a distinctive jazz/folk vibe.
- Blair Farm – The Quimbys will be bringing their local large brown eggs as well as an assortment of bedding and hanging plants (including wonderful tomatoes and beautiful flowers)!
- Earth Sky Time – This amazing farm and bakery will be bringing an incredible assortment of wood fired breads along with their famous pesto, hoomoos, and VT Goldburgers. Come check out one of our newer additions to the market this year!
- East Mountain Farm – EMF will be having a half price sale on all styles of its pork spare ribs, both St. Louis Cut or Whole Rib Style. Regularly $7/lb, on sale for $3.50/lb. (Note: East Mountain Farm accepts SNAP payments). Try a sample of Kim’s meats at his booth and in the dishes prepared-to-order by Robin’s.
- Green River Farms – From its hydroponic farm in South Williamstown, Green River Farms will be bringing power greens, kale, mustard greens, fennel, bok choy, and daikon radishes!
- Hay Berry Farm – Hay Berry has freshly picked asparagus and rhubarb and even some Shiitake mushrooms. They will also have summer raw honey, lavender buds & dried flower arrangements. Also some strawberries – just in time for summer!
- M and A Farm – Michelle and Autumn will be back this week, bringing salad mix, arugula, lettuce, bok choy, squash blossoms, and cucumbers. In addition to these yummy veggies, they’ll also bring fresh eggs!
- Mighty Food Farm – Lisa will be bringing red and green leaf lettuce, romaine, spinach, radishes, potted sunflowers, kale, chard, bok choy, garlic scapes, escarole, and mouth-watering strawberries! (If your heart is set on strawberries, we suggest arriving on the early side)
- Peace Valley Farm – Bill and Susie are back with their summer bounty! This week they will be bringing a variety of lettuces and Swiss chard.
- Sweet Brook Farm – Sarah brings local maple syrup in bottles ranging from tiny to enormous (and in varieties perfect for tasting, cooking…and over pancakes!) and delectable maple cream. Don’t miss the samples!!
- Bigfoot Farm – Brian will be selling his famous Bigfoot salad mix, spinach, radishes (so tasty!), arugula, bok choy, tatsoi, hakurei turnips, parsley, cilantro, and garlic scapes
LOCALLY PREPARED FOODS
- Little Pops Sticks – The flavors this week of these amazing pops include non-dairy options of pineapple-mango, toasted coconut Rice pudding, strawberry-hibiscus, strawberry-rhubarb, avocado-lime, and dairy fudge. Yum.
- R&G Cheese Makers– Sean offers a full line of hand crafted artisan cheese, including chevres (garlic/herb, honey, and maple/chipotle, etc), ripened goat camemberts – including blackbert and trufflebert, and selected mozzarellas and hard cheeses made from both cow and goat’s milk, also sheep cheeses!
- Robin’s – chef and baker Robin Lenz serves town-favorite melty-but-crisp, grilled-to-order breakfast and lunch sandwiches. Breakfasts include local eggs on grilled English muffins with cheeses, sausage, and bacon from our market vendors. Look for assorted home-cooked sweet treats!
- The Store at 5 Corners– The Store at 5 Corners of South Williamtown is joining the market this year to sell wonderful pastries and cookies- including assorted croissants, bagels, and donuts, plus refreshing cold drinks!
- Tunnel City Coffee – A wide variety of coffee beans made in North Adams and samples of their pour over coffee!
- Crow Hill Farm– Merry will offer an array of lovingly prepared arts and craft kits (such as owl treasure keeper, design your own sailboat, create your own notecards), greeting cards, miniatures (gnomes, elves, fairies), hand knit items from alpaca and cotton and adorable birthday fairies!
- Gina Carlucci– Back this week! Gina will be bringing her gorgeous hand fabricated jewelry and objects made from precious/semi-precious metal and stone. These original pieces are handcrafted in nearby Bennington, VT.
- Heritage Artisans, Beatrice Gawron & Isabel Krebs ∼ The artisans are skilled in weaving, spinning, knitting, and fine basketry – what can they not do? They use local and natural materials, including their own wool and alpaca fibers. They’ll have a new demonstration each week at the market and are happy to help with your knitting projects
- Memphremagog Studios– From nearby southern Vermont, Emily brings unique silver earrings, bracelets, and necklaces, etched stemware glasses, and silk scarves
- Peterman’s Boards & Bowls – locally sourced wooden bowls, trays, napkin rings, salad tossers, bottle stoppers, cutting boards (including gorgeous “seconds”) featured in design magazines nationally!
- Yarnwork – Nora Phykitt continues creating lovely and comfortable knitted, crocheted and felted clothing and accessories…her cottons are especially soft!
- Berkshire Mountain Pottery – Anne will be here with her mugs, bowls, plates, and other products which are both beautiful and functional. They’ll look great on your countertop, but are sturdy enough to use!