At the Market, Saturday Sept. 14th 9am-1pm
Vibrant colors are popping at the market! Pretty peppers, sun-kissed tomatoes, splashy zinnias…you name it! On Saturday, popular multi-generational orchestra CIAO! will entertain from 9am-11am, with talented Luke DeRoy following from 11am-1pm. Summer’s peak harvest is here, with fall’s produce peeking in as well. Baked goods, cheeses, fruits, berries, artisan crafts and so much more. Here’s what you’ll find at the market this weekend:
Blair Farm– The Quimbys will be bringing their local large brown eggs, flowers and abundant veggies!
Earth Sky Time– Earth Sky Time will be bringing an incredible assortment of wood-fired breads along with their famous pesto, hoomoos, and VT Goldburgers. Come check out one of our newer additions to the market this year!
East Mountain Farm– EMF has all their Pork and Chicken items including delicious hot dogs (back by popular demand!), chorizo, andouille, chickens (whole and parts), deli ham, sausages, bratwurst, ribs, chops, bacon, ground pork, and pork tenderloins. (Note: East Mountain Farm accepts SNAP payments). You can sample Kim’s meats at the market in the sandwiches grilled-to-order by Robin’s!
Hay Berry Farm– This week, Lawrie has “incredible” shiitake mushrooms, plus fresh cut lavender, dried flowers, sunflowers and still more blueberries!
Mighty Food Farm– Lisa brings lots of head lettuce, baby lettuce mix, haukeri turnips, collards, bok choi, beets, scallions, cucumbers, summer squash, zucchini, mini onions, a wide assortment of tomatoes, eggplants, and even some watermelon – so yummy!
- Peace Valley Farm– Bill and Susie are bringing a variety of lettuce and Swiss chard, plus zucchini, cucumbers, summer squash, broccoli, cauliflower, their renowned tomatoes, and beautiful flower arrangements!
- Shaker Hill Orchard – Tom is back this weekend with sweet and juicy plums, and several varieties of crisp and tasty applies!
- Sweet Brook Farm– Sarah brings local maple syrup in bottles ranging from tiny to enormous (and in varieties perfect for tasting, cooking…and over pancakes!) and delectable maple cream. Don’t miss the samples!!
- Windswept Farm – John will be bringing some corn, tomatoes, summer squash, blueberries, cucumbers, apples and peaches!
- Bigfoot Farm– Brian will be selling his famous Bigfoot salad mix, head lettuce, cherry tomatoes, full size tomatoes, beets, sweet peppers, shishito peppers, eggplant, cucumbers, potatoes, kale, radish, onions, garlic, parsley, basil, ginger, and summer squash. He will also be bringing gorgeous flower arrangements!
LOCALLY PREPARED FOODS
- Chris’s Kitchen and Serendipity Quilt Designs– This week Chris will be bringing lots of her amazing jams and assorted baked goods – yum! Also, beautiful examples of her other impressive skill: quilt-making, including batik table runners and larger quilts
- Little Sticks Pops– Delicious locally made (and sourced) frozen pops in non-dairy and dairy assortments! For example, recent flavors included: peach melba, spiced plum, sweetcorn, blueberry cheesecake and, of course, fudge. Look for updates by Friday with this week’s flavors!
- R&G Cheese Makers– Sean offers a full line of hand crafted artisan cheese, including chevres (garlic/herb, honey, and maple/chipotle, among others), ripened goat camemberts – including blackbert and trufflebert, and selected mozzarellas and hard cheeses made from both cow and goat’s milk
- Robin’s– chef and baker Robin Lenz serves town-favorite melty-but-crisp, made-to-order breakfast and lunch sandwiches. Breakfasts include local eggs on grilled English muffins with cheeses, sausage, and bacon from our market vendors!
- Two Bear Bakery– Caleb is inspired by the local bounty, which always comes across in his delicious baked goods! For example, he recently featured apple pie with early local apples, peach ginger scones (local peaches, of course!), tomato pesto tarts (local tomatoes, kale, and arugala), corn feta scones (local corn and feta) and morning buns. Also, Caleb will be taking pre-orders for challah for the Jewish New Year and will have samples for tasting – yum!!
- Crow Hill Farm– Merry will offer an array of lovingly prepared arts and craft kits (such as owl treasure keeper, design your own sailboat, create your own notecards), greeting cards, miniatures (gnomes, elves, fairies), hand knit items from alpaca and cotton and adorable birthday fairies!
- Heritage Artisans ∼ The artisans are skilled in weaving, spinning, knitting, and fine basketry – what can they not do? They use local and natural materials, including their own wool and alpaca fibers. They’ll have a new demonstration each week at the market
- Memphremagog Studios– From nearby southern Vermont, Emily brings unique silver earrings, bracelets, and necklaces, etched stemware glasses, and silk scarves
- Peterman’s Boards & Bowls – locally sourced wooden bowls, trays, napkin rings, salad tossers, bottle stoppers, cutting boards (including gorgeous “seconds”) featured in design magazines nationally!
- Yarnwork– Nora Phykitt continues creating lovely and comfortable knitted, crocheted and felted clothing and accessories…her cottons are especially soft, and her handcrafted animals, including elephants, whales and more – are adorable!
- Berkshire Mountain Pottery– Anne will bring her mugs, bowls, plates, and other products which are both beautiful and functional. They’ll look great on your countertop, but are sturdy enough to use!
IMPORTANT MARKET INFORMATION:
- Williamstown’s Park and Recreation Advisory Committee will have a booth for the second (and last) time this season to solicit public opinion about Williamstown’s current parks and rec offerings, to answer questions about plans to improve, expand or develop new offerings, and to discuss opportunities for community involvement or volunteer work. Chat with the folks on this committee to have your views included in their research and recommendations to the Town!
- We are still accepting and doubling WIC and senior farmers market coupons at the market until we meet our market maximum. We are happy to answer any questions at the market info booth.