At the Market – Saturday, May 31st
The market’s opening day last weekend was a huge success! The market will shine this weekend, hopefully with brighter skies to match. We continue our regular Saturday market hours from 9:00am to 1:00pm in the parking lot at the base of Spring Street. Our early local produce offerings include spring greens and asparagus, and many other offerings will delight! At the May 31st market, you’ll find:
• BABYCAKES – delectable small cakes, scones, whoopie pies, tarts, crumb cake, challah, focaccia, ciabatta, flatbreads and hearty loaves
• BERKSHIRE MOUNTAIN POTTERY – functional handmade stoneware – especially bowls and mugs of all sizes
• BRIER ROAD GUITARS – Nick will return with his exquisite, hand-crafted acoustic guitars, mandolins and ukuleles. He’ll gladly explain the steps involved in transforming a block of lumber into a fine instrument. You can also strum a few tunes! Since the misty weather last weekend precluded Nick from bringing his fine instruments, Nick’s 2014 debut is this weekend.
• CROW HILL FARM – Merry’s ever popular note cards, art kits for kids, tiny gnome dolls and fairies, carved birds, and knitted fingerless gloves
• DANCING BARE SOAP – Maud is back with her handcrafted organic vegan soaps, containing select local and seasonal herbs and florals [Note, after this week Maud won’t be back until August 2nd.]
• EMMA’S FARM – From Adams, MA, Emma Morin brings potted plants, jams and preserves, hand-crafted towels, dish cloths and reader wraps.
• EAST MOUNTAIN FARM – Kim Wells is returning with grass-fed beef, pork & free-range poultry – sausages, ground beef, deli ham, bacon, and more. Kim’s smoked pork chops are out of this world!
• HOBSON’S CHOICE RESTAURANT – After a successful trial run at the market last fall, Dan Campbell is returning with Hobson’s signature char-grilled burgers using local grass fed beef.
• HOOSICK HICKORY – Hickory syrup and other hickory products – elixir, salts, smoking chips and tea bags, made in nearby Hoosick Falls, NY. See article below describing Hoosick’s new offerings of pulled pork sliders and barbecue in a jar!
• MEMPHREMAGOG STUDIOS – Original fine jewelry, etched glass stemware, and gift designs
• NORA PHYKITT – Using natural fibers, Nora brings hand knitted/crocheted clothing and accessories, including hats, scarves, sweaters, dresses, mitts, and felted bags
• PEACE VALLEY FARM – Bill and Susie will be delivering fresh-picked spring hakurei turnips, arugula and spring greens. Look for the white coolers next to Berkshire Mountain Pottery.
• PETERMANS BOARDS & BOWLS – handcrafted wooden bowls, cutting boards, trays, salad tossers, wine bottle stoppers, and napkin rings
• THE QUIMBYS – colorful bedding plants and veggie starters, potted tomatoes complete with wire trellis, eggs & maple syrup
• SERENDIPITY AND CHRIS’S KITCHEN – batik quilts, table runners, coasters and bowls, plus delectable assorted jams
• SWEET BROOK FARM – everything maple, including syrup, nuts, and candy plus alpaca yarn – and again, spring asparagus!