My son Mitchell and I made our weekly trip to the market last Saturday. Bill and Suzy Stinson from Peace Valley Farm had some dynamite baby squash on hand. I brought home some yellow summer squash, zucchini and a weird shaped yellow one that I didn’t catch the name of along with some fresh basil and green onions. Here’s how we prepared it.
Rock Pop Popcorn! from Buskirk, NY
Heirloom popcorn kernels and popped corn! We are hoping to have them popping on site…using grapeseed oil and a dash of sea salt.
Windswept Farm from New Lebanon, NY
…more veggies! A selection of squash, early corn, potatoes. Also sunflowers…gladiolas will be coming soon.
…a little mechanical trouble with their truck last week but are confirmed for this Saturday.
NEW VENDOR at the MARKET July 13th…
Yes, SHROOMS!…Shitake that is & possibly a few other varieties. Many may remember when Delftree was in North Adams at the Mill. Well they are coming to our Market this Saturday, July 13…please come out and support them so we can KEEP them COMING!!!
SPECIAL ENTERTAINMENT…Tony Pisano & Ms. Wicker…
New from our Vendors this week!!!
- Berkshire Mountain Pottery will have a new line of latte/cappuccino mugs with swirl glazes over shiny black. See additional post with photo!
- Peace Valley Farm will have an abundance of Cherry Tomatoes, Broccoli, Zucchini and Summer Squash plus much more Basil to add to their offering this week.
Vendors at the Market – Saturday July 6, 2013
At Berkshire Mountain Pottery – Anne will be unloading the kiln just in time for Saturday’s market. With any luck she will have a new line of latte/cappuccino mugs with swirl glazes over shiny black, similar to the one sold last week.
Vendors at the Market – Saturday June 29, 2013
- The Apple Barn & Country Bake Shop from Bennington, Vermont…fudge, berries, apple cider donuts & pastries
- Babycakes…small cakes, cupcakes, whoopie pies, handpies, tarts, breads & dog biscuits
- Berkshire Mountain Pottery…functional handmade stoneware
- Charlie’s Organic Veggies…potted veggies (starter plants for transplanting). Might also have some cut herbs, this week or soon.
- Crow Hill Farm…art kits for kids plus other handcrafted items
- East Mountain Farm…Beef,